AFRAA, in collaboration with Sabre held a virtual Workshop on 21 September 2021 on the theme: “Partnering for Digital Transformation”.
Airlines have an array of technology necessary to run their businesses, such as passenger services, e-commerce, pricing, revenue management, aircraft movement, operations- and airport management systems. In the digital age, the airline enterprise must become connected to uncover intelligent insights and take relevant action. Airlines obtained expert insights and case-study experience on how to enhance their data strategy so as to cost-effectively access the right information at the right time and in the right places.
The Workshop shared how advances in technology can play a key role in digital transformation and shared insights on how airlines can continue to achieve digital transformation. The workshop also discussed how technology enables organizations to simplify and enrich customer experiences, break down organizational silos and automate business processes.
Sabre experts shared insights on the following area:
- How airlines can respond proactively and quickly to events, through digital transformation
- How airlines can share data across systems to drive customer centric decisions
- How the open airline agility platform can help airlines get visibility into their data and achieve consistent and automated business outcomes across the airline.
- How technology enables organizations to simplify and enrich customer experiences, break down organizational silos and automate business processes.
- How airlines can continue to achieve digital transformation.
- Sabre’s tools for democratizing and activating data.
Google Cloud Platform shared insights on the following areas:
- How to accelerate your digital transformation journey with Google Cloud
- How Google Cloud can accelerate your organisation’s ability to digitally transform and reimagine your business through data-powered innovation. With some airline examples provided.
Ethiopian Airlines presentation covered
- The value of Intelligence Exchange (IX) for Ethiopian Airlines
- How ET positioned Intelligence Exchange (IX) as the core for innovation of various initiatives, especially to quickly adopt technology and address business trends related to customer experience and operational excellence.
The event presentations and recording can be accessed via the link