The African Airlines Association (AFRAA) concluded its 52nd Annual General Assembly today with a rallying call for airlines to take specific measures to build resilience and emerge stronger after the crisis. The Assembly further called for a multi-sectorial and pragmatic approach by governments and stakeholders to support the recovery of air transport industry and interrelated sectors such as tourism.
In addition to statutory Assembly matters that were discussed, the conference segment was characterized by presentations and panel discussions by African and global aviation leaders.
The presentations and speeches made during the event can be accessed below:
Please click on the links below to access the speeches:
- AFRAA Secretary General Opening Remarks
- AFCAC Secretary General Keynote Speech
- IATA Director General and CEO Keynote Speech
- Africa Union Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy Keynote Speech
- Getting Back to Business: Planning Networks and Fleet Beyond 2020 by ACC Aviation
- CEO Roundtable – Introduction
- Air Transport Recovery Trends and Building Blocks for Africa by Mr. Sebastian Mikosz, IATA
- Are African Airports geared up for the restart and recovery of the Air Transport industry? Interview on Mr. Ali Tounsi and Moderated by Capt. Gilbert Kibe
To read the full AGA Newsletter, you can click here
AGA Promo Video