AFRAA in partnership with Tunisair hosted the 6th Aviation Stakeholders Convention in Hammamet, Tunisia from 7-9 May 2017 at the Medina Mediterranea in Yasmine Hammamet - Tunisia. The Convention’s aim is to foster dialogue between stakeholders in order to build sustainable networks in supply chain management and create a competitive environment for aviation business in the continent. The three-day conference was convened under the high patronage of the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Tunisia and was held under the theme “Collaboration for sustainable aviation growth in Africa”. Over 350 registered delegates from 43 countries across the world participated at the Convention.
This conference would not have been possible without the support from the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Tunisia, Tunisair, the National office of the Tunisian Tourism (ONTT) and the contributions of our proud sponsors, including: Embraer, Express Air Cargo, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority, Mediterranean Flight School, Office de l’Aviation Civile et des Aéroports, Office National du Tourisme Tunisien, Poulina Group Holding, Sabre Airline Solutions, SITA, TAV Tunisie, Tunisair and Tunisair Technics.
There was also an exhibition of products, solutions and services by aviation suppliers in different categories. 26 suppliers and/or service providers benefited from the outstanding visibility, networking and direct sales opportunities by displaying their products and interacting with delegates at the conference.
AFRAA Secretariat wishes to express appreciation to the event speakers, delegates and everyone who participated in the 6th Aviation Stakeholders convention for making time to join us in Hammamet.
Please click on the links below to download the presentations
• Press release English French
• Welcome and opening remarks – Dr. Elijah Chingosho, AFRAA Secretary General
• Remarks by– ICAO Regional Director European and North Atlantic (EUR/NAT) Office - Mr. Luis Fonseca de Almeida
• Remarks by Mr. Raphael Kuuchi – IATA Vice President Africa
• Presentation 1: What are the success factors to achieve sustainable growth of African aviation? By Mr. Raphael Kuuchi, Vice President Africa – IATA
• Presentation 2 : How to develop local talent in aviation: recruitment, education, motivation, rotation by Ms. Yolanta Strikitsa, Managing Director Strikitsa Consulting ltd
• Presentation 3: Use of data to transform aviation business: The AFRAA-Sabre NPS project on African airlines –by Ms. Megan Nieves – Customer Excellence, Insights & Strategy – Sabre Airline Solutions
• Presentation 4: How Digital Media can improve the passenger experience and boost your airlines’/airports’ revenues by Mr Roberto Trimarchi, Product Manager Communication and Infrastructure Solution Line– SITA
• Presentation 5: Safety trends in Africa and priorities for the continent by Mr. Luis Fonseca de Almeida, Regional Director of ICAO for Europe and North Atlantic